HILTON HEAD, SC – The Moravian men's tennis team relied on the final singles win at the No. 6 spot to defeat Penn State Behrend 5-4 in non-conference action over spring break in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Score: Moravian 5, Penn State Behrend 4
Records: Moravian (4-3), Penn State Behrend (3-6)
* Sean Kearns defeated Yiwen Liu (Hong Kong, China/St. Stephen's) 6-1, 6-1 to give the Greyhounds the final point at No. 6 singles
* Moravian took a 2-1 lead in the match after doubles play
* Mitchell May and Noah Colvin posted an 8-3 victory at No. 2 doubles over Austin Grace and Neil Guarino
* The Greyhounds took a 4-1 lead with wins at No. 1 and No. 2 singles
* The Lions won the next three singles matches at No. 3, 4 and 5
* May defeated Grace 6-0, 6-0 at third singles, before Belden Tuttle took Mason Hudnall in three sets (5-7, 6-4, 1-0 (10-7))
* At No. 5 singles, James Lobdell posted a 1-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-3) decision over Guarino
* The Behrend Lions return to action on tomorrow against Lebanon Valley at 12:15 p.m. in Hilton Head, South Carolina.