ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend baseball team will travel to Alfred, NY to take on the Alfred State Pioneers in an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) doubleheader at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
Behrend News & Notes:
* Senior shortstop Scott Sada (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) broke the NCAA Division III doubles record with a pair of doubles in game two against Medaille on Wednesday. He now has 82 career doubles.
* The Lions recovered from an 8-1 game-one loss with an 8-3 victory vs. the Mavericks
* Ian Taylor (Wexford, PA/Vincentian Academy) went 5-for-9 on Wednesday, smacking a stand-up triple in the nightcap
* Hurler Thomas Zbezinski (Gibsonia, PA/Pine Richland) went the distance in game two and recorded his fourth win on the mound
* Behrend is in third place in the AMCC Standings with a 4-2 record
* Sada leads the league with 16 doubles and is third with 34 hits
Alfred State News & Notes:
* The Pioneers boast a 14-11 overall record and 6-4 mark in the AMCC
* Alfred State swept D'Youville 4-1 and 10-0 on the road Wednesday
* The Pioneers have won nine of their last 10 games, falling to Penn State Altoona 9-3
* Garrett Mack tossed a complete game in an 11-1 win over Medaille allowing just five hits and one unearned run while walking two and striking out 13.
* Mack has not let up an earned run in any of his last three starts
* Last week, Andy Pichardo led the Pioneers with a .529 batting average, two doubles and five RBI
* Behrend and Alfred State are meeting for their third doubleheader in the all-time series
* The Lions swept the Pioneers in 2016 (11-8, 8-4) and last year (7-0, 12-4)