BUFFALO, NY – The Penn State Behrend men's basketball shot a season-best 94.7 percent from the free-throw line to defeat Medaille 82-68 in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Game of the Week on Tuesday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 82, Medaille 68
Records: Penn State Behrend (3-1, 2-0 AMCC), Medaille (2-4, 0-1 AMCC)
* The Lions picked up their second straight conference win and first on the road
* Behrend only missed one free throw all night to finish 18-for-19
* The Lions held the Mavericks scoreless for the first 6:19 of the game
* Behrend pulled out to a commanding 14-0 lead and never looked back
* Dorian Connors (Girard, PA/Girard) had a career-night, shooting 80 percent from the floor for a best 23 points
* Connors also matched a career high with 11 rebounds and going 7-for-8 from the charity stripe
* Three other players had double-digit points, including Kenny Fukon (Cranberry Township, PA/Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic) added 15 points
* Mitchell King (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) tied his career-best from a game ago with 12 points, while PJ Gourley (Butler, PA/Knoch) tallied 10 points
* The Lions defense held Medaille to a pair of three-pointers and 14.3 percent from behind the arc
* Behrend has now won seven in a row against the Mavericks
* The win puts head coach Dave Niland two wins away from reaching 500 career victories with the Lions
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday at Pitt-Greensburg. Game time is 2 p.m.