CLAREMONT, Ca. – Penn State Behrend took on nationally-ranked Occidental and Claremont-Mudd-Scripps in the first day of the Gary Troyer Invitational in Southern California. Tomorrow, Saturday, October 6, PSB will take on La Verne and Caltech.
Friday, October 5 (Note all times are Pacific Standard Time)
No. 10 Occidental 20, Penn State Behrend 3 BOX SCORE
* Dario Gonzalez (Hanford, CA/Hanford West), Andre Sardaryzadeh (Murrieta, CA/Elsinore), and Greg Kinlzer (Kiski, PA/Agora Cyber Charter School) each scored one goal against the Tigers.
* Joshua Koornneef (Grand Haven, MI/Grand Haven), and Isaak Hatopp (Saline, MI/Saline) had one assist.
* Alijah Santagelo (Perkasie, PA/Pennridge) made three saves in goal.
No. 2 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 14, Penn State Behrend 4
* Austin Hoff (Lake Forest, CA/El Toro), Hatopp, Gonzalez, and Cameron Makin (Pittsburgh, PA/North Allegheny) each scored one goal against the Stags.
* Alijah Santagelo again had three saves.
* Greg Kinzler chipped in two steals.
Saturday, October 6 (Note all times are Pacific Standard Time)
Penn State Behrend News & Notes (Entering the Weekend)
* Three Behrend Lions have tallied double-digit goals this season. Isaak Hatopp leads PSB with 21 goals, Collin Holmes has added 17 goals and Austin Hoff ranks third on the team with 14 scores.
* Hatopp and Holmes have also contributed 21 and 19 steals respectively.
* Greg Kinzler leads Penn State Behrend with 10 assists on the season.
* Matt Olimski has been the primary goalkeeper for Penn State Behrend this year, totaling 127 saves and 19 steals. Frehsman Alijah Santangelo has gotten some experience in goal as well, playing in five games and making 28 saves.
Opponent News & Notes
* The La Verne Leopards stand 5-12 in 2018, however ULV is ranked No. 8 in this week's CWPA Division III Top 10 poll.
* Caltech and Penn State Behrend have already met once this season back on September 8 in Erie. The Beavers (1-9) topped Penn State Behrend by a final score of 9-8.
* Occidental, CMS, La Verne and Caltech are all members of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC).