ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's tennis team edged Medaille 5-3 in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) semifinals on Saturday evening at Westood Racquet Club.
Score: Penn State Behrend 5, Medaille 3
Records: Penn State Behrend (10-13), Medaille (5-5)
* The Behrend Lions avenged a 5-4 loss to the Mavericks during the regular season
* The Lions advance to the AMCC Championship match
* Behrend grabbed a 2-1 lead after the doubles action
* Mitchell May (Erie, PA/Harbor Creek) and Jonathon Laier (Lansing, MI/Holt) were victorious twice for the Lions
* Together, May and Laier won at No. 1 doubles posting a score of 8-3
* The second doubles win went to Mason Harabaugh (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) and Belden Tuttle (Fairview, PA/Fairview) had the best score at 8-1
* At No. 1 singles, Laier had an unfinished score with a 6-4, 5-2 lead
* May defeated Jason McCarthy at No. 2 singles, 6-2, 6-2
* Harabaugh and Tuttle tallied singles wins for Behrend
* Competing at No. 3 singles, Harabaugh posted a 6-0, 6-3 decision
* Tuttle had a tiebreaker set win at No. 6 singles, falling 6-3 in the first set and then winning 7-5, 9-11
* Behrend returns to action tomorrow against No. 1 Penn State Altoona in the AMCC Championships at 1:30 p.m.