BUFFALO, NY – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team defeated the Medaille Mavericks 3-0 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Wednesday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Medaille 0 (25-22, 25-20, 25-15)
Records: Penn State Behrend (19-6, 13-1 AMCC), Medaille (9-15, 6-8 AMCC)
* The Behrend Lions completed the season sweep of Medaille
* The Lions are now 13-1 in the AMCC with their ninth straight conference win
* Owen Wienczkowski (Waterford, PA/Fort LeBoeuf) hit .688 with 11 kills on 16 attempts with no errors
* Adrian Martinez (San Juan, Puerto Rico/Wesleyan Academy) led with 11 digs
* Dylan Buzalka (Carlisle, PA/Cumberland Valley) also recorded no attack errors, knocking down seven kills
* In a close first set, Wienczkowski and JP Goodsel (Corry, PA/Corry) combined for five kills down the stretch to pull off a 25-22 victory
* Behrend held a five-point lead on three occasions in the second set and the Mavericks cut the lead to one at 19-18
* Cody Schnur (Butler, PA/Butler) tallied two kills while the Lions relied on three attack errors to get to set point
* Wienczkowski recorded the final point with a kill at 25-20
* Down by two in the final set, Behrend went on a 5-0 run to take the lead for good and pull out a 25-15 win
* Diego Ortiz (San Juan, Puerto Rico/Wesleyan Academy) tallied 14 assists and nine digs
* The Behrend Lions conclude the regular season on Saturday at Penn State Altoona for a tri-match with Geneva. Matches begin at 12 p.m.