ERIE, Pa. – Penn State Behrend women's basketball team earned their second straight Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) win with a 90-47 decision over Mt. Aloysius on Saturday afternoon.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 90, Mt. Aloysius 47
Records: Penn State Behrend (7-1, 2-0 AMCC), Mt. Aloysius (0-6, 0-1 AMCC)
* The Lions spoiled the Mounties conference opener, allowing the fewest amount of points this season
* Behrend broke open a five-point game with a 21-2 run to start the second quarter
* The Lions held Mt. Aloysius to eight points in the second and six in the third to pull away
* Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) tied a season-best 25 points and posted three triples
* Rachel Majewski (Erie, PA/Villa Maria Academy) registered her first 20-point game in her first collegiate start
* It was the largest margin of victory for Behrend this season (43 points)
* Alexis Furyes (Medina, OH/Highland) recorded her second double-digit rebounding game, pulling down a season and game-high 11 boards
* Lexi Moore (Cochranton, PA/Cochranton) came off the bench to score a season-high eight points on 2-for-3 shooting from behind the arc
* The Lions had a season high in free-throw attempts, going 19-for-28 from the charity stripe
* Behrend returns to action on Tuesday, December 7 against W&J. Game time is at 7 p.m.