ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's volleyball team captured the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) regular-season championship with a 3-0 win over Medaille on Tuesday night.
Final Score: Behrend 3, Medaille 0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-14)
Records: Penn State Behrend (19-5, 7-0 AMCC), Medaille (4-16, 1-6 AMCC)
* The Lions have secured the No. 1 seed for the AMCC Tournament
* Behrend earned hosting rights for the semifinals and finals next weekend
* The Lions recorded 13 service aces and forced 28 attack errors for the conference win
* Behrend is one win away from going undefeated in AMCC play for a second straight official conference season
* Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) paced the Lions with 12 digs and nine kills
* Dani Kosslow (Pittsburgh, PA/South Park) registered five service aces and dished out 19 assists
* Behrend grabbed a 20-11 lead in the first set and won on a kill from Reiland at 25-17
* With a small three-point edge in the second set, a Reiland and Brooke Joncas (Corry, PA/Corry) kill combined with a pair of attack errors put the Lions up 2-0 in the match
* Similar to the first set, Behrend jumped out to a large lead at 20-12 and held on at 25-14
* Joncas ended with six digs, five kills, four aces and two blocks
* The Lions return to action on Saturday at Mt. Aloysius for the regular-season finale. Match begins at 1 p.m.