BUFFALO, NY – The Penn State Behrend men's basketball team defeated D'Youville 82-56 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Wednesday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 82, D'Youville 56
Records: Penn State Behrend (4-2, 3-1 AMCC), D'Youville (1-5, 0-3 AMCC)
* The Behrend Lions tied their second-best offensive output this season with 82 points behind 52.4 shooting from the floor
* The Lions drained a season-best 15 three-pointers
* Behrend had 10 different players score and four in double-figures led by Kenny Fukon's (Cranberry Township, PA/Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic) team-best 16 points
* D'Youville took a seven-point lead (16-9) at the 14:02 mark of the first half for its largest margin
* The Lions finished the half with a 38-16 run to erase the deficit and take the lead for good
* The Spartans got within nine on two occasions in the second half
* Nick Fiumara (Pittsburgh, PA/Baldwin) drained three treys to register 13 points, while Devin Pope (Ripley, NY/Chautauqua Lake) and PJ Gourley (Butler, PA/Knoch) each added 10 points
* Dorian Connors (Girard, PA/Girard) led on the boards with eight rebounds
* The win puts head coach Dave Niland within one victory of reaching 500 for his career
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday at Carnegie Mellon for a non-conference contest. Game time is 2 p.m.