ALFRED, NY – The Penn State Behrend men's basketball team defeated Alfred State 76-58 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Wednesday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 76, Alfred State 58
Records: Penn State Behrend (14-6, 11-4 AMCC), Alfred State (5-15, 3-12 AMCC)
* The Lions shot 58.8 percent from the floor (30-for-51), their best outing since January 4
* It marked the first time this season Behrend had five players in double figures
* Devin Pope (Ripley, NY/Chautauqua Lake) registered his third 20+ point game with a team-best 24
* Dorian Connors (Girard, PA/Girard) managed 17 points and a team-high eight rebounds
* The first 10 minutes saw a combined 22 points with the Lions holding a 12-10 lead
* Pope and Connors contributed 10 points each in the first half that conclude with a nine-point Behrend advantage
* The Lions outscored Alfred State 40-31 in the second half for the 18-point victory
* Kenny Fukon (Cranberry Township, PA/Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic) added 11 points, three assists and three rebounds
* Mitchell King (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) and Derrick Clark (Erie, PA/Central Tech) rounded out the double-digit scoring with 10 points each
* The win marks the 850th program victory in the 60 years of Behrend basketball history
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday at La Roche. Game time is 2 p.m.