ERIE, Pa. – The No. 16 Penn State Behrend men's soccer team captured the 2019 Herb Lauffer Memorial Tournament on Sunday, defeating Baldwin Wallace 3-2.
Final Score: Behrend 3, Baldwin Wallace 2
Records: Behrend (2-0), Baldwin Wallace (1-1)
* The Behrend Lions remain undefeated on the season, scoring nine goals in two days
* Freshman Jordan Floyd (Plum, PA/Plum) earned Tournament MVP for netting four goals and dishing out on assist for nine points over two games
* Floyd scored two goals, including the game winner in the 74th minute to give the Lions a 3-1 lead
* Behrend tallied its first goal of the game on its first shot by Michael DiCola (Beaver, PA/Beaver)
* DiCola put pressure on goalie Patrick Mehal and intercepted the ball at the top of the box, pushing it into a wide-open net at the 28:05 mark
* Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) and Nick Shideler (Gibsonia, PA/Pine-Richland) assisted Floyd's second goal off a direct kick for a 2-0 lead early in the second half
* Floyd headed the ball in off a restart by Blanchard and then a quick flick at the top of the box by Shideler
* In the 74th minute, Matthew Romesberg (Hollsopple, PA/North Star) played a long ball down the line to find Floyd for his second goal of the game on an outside the foot shot
* The Yellow Jackets scored a pair of goals on penalty kicks netted by Rafael Davalos in the 68th and 79th minute
The Lions will travel to Valhalla High School in New York to face Mt. St. Vincent on Friday beginning at 7 p.m.