ERIE, Pa. – The No. 22 Penn State Behrend men's soccer team earned their second shutout of the season, blanking Allegheny 2-0 in non-conference action on Friday night.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 2, Allegheny 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (5-0), Allegheny (0-5)
* The Lions halted the Gators from their first win of the season, while running their winning streak to five straight
* Behrend tallied a pair of goals less than two minutes apart early in the first half
* Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) registered three points with a goal and an assist
* Blanchard fired a shot that was saved by Jack Barron-Sluga, only for Jordan Floyd (Plum, PA/Plum) to finish the deflection for a 1-0 lead at the 16:15 mark
* A minute, 34 seconds later, Blanchard buried a direct kick right outside the box
* Blanchard hit a low, driving ball into the right corner for a 2-0 lead
* Senior goalkeeper Matt Warnaka (Beaver Falls, PA/Beaver Falls) earned his first shutout of the two saves on two shots
* Warnaka improves to 4-0 on the season
* Allegheny avoided a goal in the second half with a team save off Aaron Harris' (Washington, PA/McGuffey) shot from just yards out
* The Behrend Lions returns to action on Tuesday at home against Grove City. Game time is 7 p.m.