BRADFORD, Pa. – The No. 24 Penn State Behrend men's soccer team netted three unanswered goals in the second half to down Pitt-Bradford 4-1 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Tuesday afternoon.
Score: No. 24 Penn State Behrend 4, Pitt-Bradford 1
Records: No. 24 Penn State Behrend (13-1, 5-1 AMCC), Pitt-Bradford (7-6, 3-3 AMCC)
* Pitt-Bradford tallied the first goal of the game late in the first half off a header from Nicholas Pezo
* One minute, 13 seconds later Nick Schwarzel (South Park, PA/South Park) converted his fourth penalty kick of the season to even the score just before halftime
* The Behrend Lions broke open a 1-all game just 45 seconds into the second half
* Schwarzel registered his second tally and the eventual game winner off a long throw from Sean Abraham (Oakmont, PA/Oakmont) in the 46th minute for a 2-1 lead
* The Lions tallied two more goals over the next 23 minutes, including one from Michael DiCola at the 52:36 mark on a loose ball inside the six-yard box off a pass from Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey)
* Harris then turned around and scored the final goal in the 69th minute to extend the lead three goals
* Behrend held a 24-6 shot advantage and a 15-5 difference in corner kicks on the day
* The Lions return to action on Saturday against La Roche for Senior Day. Game time is 1 p.m.