GREENSBURG, Pa. – The No. 20 Penn State Behrend men's soccer team posted their eighth shutout of the season with a 6-0 win over Pitt-Greensburg in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday.
Final Score: No. 20 Penn State Behrend 6, Pitt-Greensburg 0
Records: No. 20 Penn State Behrend (16-1, 8-1 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (3-13, 2-7 AMCC)
* Behrend netted four goals before halftime and two more insurance goals in the second half
* The Lions held the Bobcats to just four shots over the 90 minutes
* Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) tallied two goals, while Michael DiCola (Beaver, PA/Beaver) recorded one goal and an assist
* Christian Eckberg (North Huntingdon, PA/Norwin) scored his first goal of the season, the game winner, just two minutes into the game
* DiCola assisted Harris on the second goal in the 17th minute,, before scoring off a cross from Tyler Vandemerwe (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) at the 23:16 mark
* Nick Laskey (Charleroi, PA/Charleroi) registered the final goal just before halftime to make it 4-0
* Harris and Chase Stevenson (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern Central) closed out the second-half scoring for the Lions
* Behrend had a 37-4 advantage in shots and 11-0 advantage in corner kicks
* Senior goalie Matt Warnaka (Beaver Falls, PA/Blackhawk) got the win in goal for Behrend and had to make two saves on the day
* The Lions will host Hilbert on Tuesday night in the regular-season finale. Game time is 5 p.m.