ERIE, Pa. – Junior forward Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) had one goal and three assists to lead the No. 20 Penn State Behrend men's soccer past Hilbert 7-0 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Tuesday evening.
Score: No. 20 Penn State Behrend 7, Hilbert 0
Records: No. 20 Penn State Behrend (17-1, 9-1 AMCC), Hilbert (0-13-1, 0-10 AMCC)
* Blanchard had all three assists in the first half and the goal in the second to accumulate five points in the game
* Seven different players scored for the Lions, five coming in the first half
* The Lions finish the regular season undefeated when playing at home
* Behrend scored four goals over a span of 11 minutes, beginning in the eighth minute of the game
* Nick Schwarzel (South Park, PA/South Park) and Aaron Harris (Washington, PA/McGuffey) tallied their eight goals of the season
* Matthew Romesberg (Hollsopple, PA/North Star), Sean Abraham (Oakmont, PA/Oakmont), and Tyler Vandemerwe (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) each netted a goal, while Senad Hucic (Erie, PA/Iroquois) scored his first collegiate goal at the 63:37 mark
* Behrend has improved its record-setting year to 17 wins during the regular season
* The Lions produced a 44-2 advantage in shots and registered 14 corner kicks
* The Lions return to action on Wednesday in the AMCC semifinals against the winner of Pitt-Bradford and Mt. Aloysius. Game time is set for 5 p.m. at the Behrend Field.