ERIE, Pa. – Junior Michael Duckett (Girard, PA/Fairview) won his match in a tiebreaker at No. 3 singles to help the Penn State Behrend men's tennis team defeat Pitt-Greensburg 5-4 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action on Saturday.
Score: Penn State Behrend 5, Pitt-Greensburg 4
Records: Penn State Behrend (6-12, 4-2 AMCC), Pitt-Greensburg (1-11, 1-5 AMCC)
* The Lions jumped ahead 3-1 in the match and the Bobcats tied it after the second and fourth singles matches were completed at 4-all
* Duckett defeated Vaughn Hunkele 7-6, 6-3 and 10-6 for the game-winning match at No. 3 singles
* The duo of Brent McFarland (Austinburg, OH/Geneva) and Jimmy Lobdell (Warren, PA/Warren) and the teammantes Lonny Diaz (Panama City, Panama/Colegio Episcopal) and Sebastian Alba (Cochabamba, Bolivia/Cochabamba Cooperative School) were both 8-2 winners at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles, respectively.
* Belden Tuttle (Fairview, PA/Fairview) put Behrend ahead 3-1 with a convincing 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 6 singles
* Yiwen Lui's (Hong Kong, China/St. Stephen's) win keeps the Lions ahead at 4-2 with his 6-1, 7-5 victory at No. 5
* Duckett won in dramatic fashion to clinch the conference win for Behrend
* The Lions will await their seed and time for a first-round match in the upcoming AMCC Tournament.