Sep 20, 2019
ALTOONA, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's tennis team remains undefeated in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action with a 9-0 win over Penn State Altoona on Friday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 9, Penn State Altoona 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (3-1, 2-0 AMCC), Penn State Altoona (0-2, 0-2 AMCC)
* The Lions only gave up 10 set points in singles action to sweep the Altoona Lions
* Ricky Dong (Beijing, China/Keystone Academy), Noah Colvin (Warren, PA/Warren) and Michael Duckett (Girard, PA/Fairview) were double winners on the night
* Mitchell May (Erie, PA/Harbor Creek) swept Andrew Ung at No. 5 singles with a 6-0, 6-0 score
* Dong and Belden Tuttle (Fairview, PA/Fairview) surrendered one set point at No. 1 and No. 6 singles, respectively
* Behrend swept the doubles matches, beginning with Dong and Colvin at the No. 1 spot
* The duo posted an 8-3 win, before Jimmy Lobdell (Warren, PA/Warren) and Matt Brown (Oviedo, FL) also earned an 8-3 victory at No. 3 doubles
* Duckett and Lonny Diaz (Panama City, Panama/Colegio Episcopal) teamed up for the final doubles point, winning 8-4 at the No. 2 spot
* Behrend returns to action tomorrow at Mt. Aloysius, beginning at 1 p.m.