ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's tennis team dropped a pair of matches on Saturday, falling to Medaille 5-4 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action and then Waynesburg 6-3 in the nightcap.
Medaille 5, Penn State Behrend 4
Waynesburg 6, Penn State Behrend 3
* The Behrend Lions had a 2-1 lead after the doubles matches
* Mitchell May (Erie, PA/Harbor Creek) and Jonathon Laier (Lansing, MI/Holt) were dominant with an 8-1 win in the top spot
* Alex Graeca (DuBois, PA/DuBois) and Evan Dean (New Castle, PA/Neshannock) got the second doubles win (8-6) at No. 3
* Medaille recovered in singles play, holding a 4-2 edge for the win
* Laier got his second win of the day at No. 1 singles (6-0, 6-1), while Mason Harbaugh (Greensburg, PA/Hempfield) was victorious 6-1 and 7-6 at third singles
* The Lions picked up wins at No. 3 doubles and No. 1 and No. 6 singles
* Max Lu (Plum, PA/Plum) and Belden Tuttle (Fairview, PA/Fairview) recorded a close 8-4
* Laier finished undefeated in singles, posting a 6-3, 6-4 win
* At No. 6 singles, Dean tallied a 6-0, 6-1 decision for the final point
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Friday against Franciscan. Match time is 3 p.m.