ALLIANCE, Ohio – The Penn State Behrend men's volleyball team posted their sixth straight win with a 3-0 victory over Mt. Union in non-conference action on Tuesday night.
Score: Penn State Behrend 3, Mt. Union 0 (27-25, 25-20, 27-25)
Records: Penn State Behrend (6-4), Mt. Union (1-7)
* The Lions spoiled the Purple Raiders home opener with a three-set win
* JP Goodsel (Corry, PA/Corry) led with 11 kills for Behrend
* Setter Alex Jackson (Cochranton, PA/Cochranton) dished out 20 assists and Adrian Martinez (San Juan, Puerto Rico/Wesleyan Academy) had a team-best 12 digs
* In the first set, the Lions had set point on three occasions and eventually won the final two points on a service error and an attack error
* Behrend took advantage of Mt. Union's 15 service errors
* The Lions won the second set on a service error and got four kills from Goodsel for a 25-20 win
* The final two sets had 21 ties and eight lead changes combined
* The third set mimicked the first with a 27-25 score
* The back-and-forth battle continued but similar to the first two sets Behrend pulled it out for a 3-0 match victory
* Goodsel registered his 11th kill to send the match
* Cody Schnur (Butler, PA/Butler) added six kills and three blocks
* The Behrend Lions will host the Hilbert Hawks tomorrow in conjuction with Administrative Assistant Day and the 25th AMCC Anniversary celebration. Match begins at 7 p.m.