ERIE, Pa. – The Mount Union Purple Raiders men's volleyball team posted a 3-0 victory over Penn State Behrend in non-conference action on Tuesday night in the Junker Center.
Score: Mt. Union 3, Penn State Behrend 0 (25-16, 25-22, 25-22)
Records: Penn State Behrend (16-6), Mt. Union (9-10)
* The Purple Raiders hit .306 on the night and recorded 48 kills with seven team blocks
* In the first set, the Lions cut a six-point deficit to one at 10-9
* Mt. Union used a 5-0 run to pull ahead 16-9 and won the final two points on a kill and a block assist
* The second set had 12 ties and five lead changes
* The Purple Raiders relied on two errors to take a 25-22 win and a 2-0 lead
* Mt. Union never trailed in the third, getting four kills in the final five points for another 25-22 victory
* JP Goodsel (Corry, PA/Corry) and Cody Schnur (Butler, PA/Butler) had double-digit kills
* Goodsel led with 14 kills and nine digs
* Schnur knocked down 11 kills on 17 attempts with one error (.588)
* Alex Jackson (Cochranton, PA/Cochranton) added 18 assists for the Lions
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday with a home tri-match against St. Vincent and Thiel. Matches begin at 12 p.m.