ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend softball team will travel to Bradford, PA to take on Pitt-Bradford in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) opener on Wednesday at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Schedule of Events/ Coverage
Wednesday, March 27
Penn State Behrend vs. Pitt-Bradford, 3 p.m.
Penn State Behrend vs. Pitt-Bradford, 5 p.m.
Penn State Behrend News & Notes
* The Lions are coming into the game with a 7-7 overall record
* Behrend will take on Pitt-Bradford for the first conference matchup of the season
* The Lions went 1-1 against Carnegie Mellon on Tuesday
* The Tartans won the first game 9-0 before Behrend came back to win the second 9-1
* In game two, Carson Hauser (Westfield, NY/Westfield Academy) hit an inside the park three-run homer to help secure the win
* Pitcher AJ Nichols (Pittsburgh, PA/Shaler) pitched all six innings registering four strikeouts in the nightcap
* Nichols is tied for first in the AMCC with five wins along with ranking first in RBI's with 15
Pitt-Bradford News & Notes
* The Panthers currently have a 10-8 overall record
* Pitt-Bradford is coming off a split with Elmira on Tuesday
* The Panthers took the first one, 5-2 and Elmira won the second, 10-2
* Melanie Davis pitched a complete first game to register her first career win
* In game two, Madison East hit the team's first home run of the season
* Pitt-Bradford pitcher Jordan Uhing is tied with Behrend's AJ Nichols for most wins with five
* Uhing is also ranked fourth in the AMCC with a 2.38 ERA
* The Lions and Panthers have a series history dating back to the 1987 season
* Behrend is leading the all-time series, 35-24
* The Lions won seven straight before Pitt-Bradford registered a 2-1 win in 2018