ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team took down Alfred St. on Saturday in the first Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference matchup of the year.
Final Score: Behrend 81, Alfred St. 50
Records: Behrend (3-2, 1-0 AMCC), Alfred St. (1-2, 0-1 AMCC)
* Behrend starts out their run of AMCC games with a 1-0 record
* The Lions came out hot, taking a 19-11 lead in the first quarter
* The Pioneers got within seven mid-way through the second period before Behrend went on a 12-6 run to end the half
* The Lions had a big fourth quarter scoring 25 as a team, led by Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) who had 10 in just six minutes
* Kourtney Beamesderfer (Rebersburg, PA/Penns Valley) paved the way with 16 points and nine rebounds
* Ashley Seamon (West Allegheny, PA/West Allegheny) had her second double-double of the season scoring 15 and pulling in 12 rebounds
*Carnuche and Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) each chipped in 13 points
* Alfred St. was led by Rayanna Anderson with 21 points
* Behrend will travel to Medaille on Tuesday for an AMCC contest beginning at 8 p.m.