ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team took down Mt. Aloysius on Saturday in an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference matchup, 62-35.
Final Score: Behrend 62, Mt. Aloysius 35
Records: Behrend (6-3, 4-1 AMCC), Mt. Aloysius (2-7, 1-3 AMCC)
* The Lions came out hot, taking a 20-5 lead at the end on the first quarter
* Behrend took their largest lead with three minutes left in the game off a McKenzie Hovis (Knox, PA/Keystone) three-pointer making the score 60-30
* The Lions held the Mounties to 24 percent from the field and 15 percent from three
* Behrend had their best defensive game of the year holding Mt. Aloysius to a season-low 35 points and 12 field goals while forcing 19 turnovers
* As a team, the Lions had a season-best six blocks with Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) chipping in three
* Kourtney Beamesderfer (Rebersburg, PA/Penns Valley) led the way with 13 points
* Dibble tallied 10 points and nine rebounds and Mia Cuccaro (Clinton, PA/Oakland Catholic) had a season-high 10 points
* Behrend will travel to Washington, PA to take on Washington & Jefferson on Monday December 30th for a non-conference contest beginning at 6 p.m.