ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team took down Alfred State 75-57 on Wednesday in an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference matchup.
Final Score: Behrend 71, Alfred St. 57
Records: Behrend (12-8, 9-6 AMCC), Alfred St. (6-14, 4-11 AMCC)
* Behrend recovered from two losses, taking down the Pioneers, 71-57
* The Lions led consistently throughout the game, outscoring Alfred State in each quarter
* Behrend scored 18 points off of 25 Pioneer's turnovers
* As a team, the Lions had 16 steals with Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) registering a career-high seven
* Freshman McKenzie Hovis (Knox, PA/Keystone) tallied a career-best six rebounds
* Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) paced Behrend with 20 points and eight rebounds
* Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) chipped in 11 points while Ashley Seamon (West Allegheny, PA/West Allegheny) and Carnuche had 10 a piece
* For Alfred State, Jordyn Pettit had a double-double with 12 points and 23 rebounds
* The Lions are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Pittsburgh, PA to take on the La Roche Redhawks. The game is set for 4 p.m.