ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's basketball team took down Penn State Altoona in an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference matchup on Saturday, 71-68.
Final Score: Behrend 71, Penn State Altoona 68
Records: Behrend (14-9, 11-7 AMCC), Altoona (12-10, 10-7 AMCC)
* Kara Haslett (Baden, PA/Ambridge) had a steal with six seconds remaining in the game to seal the win for the Lions
* Penn State Altoona had the ball with six seconds left on the baseline out of bounds
* On the throw in, Haslett scooped the ball, got fouled, and made one free throw to finish the game
* The Altoona Lions tied the game with 2:02 left on a Sydney Snyder three-pointer
* Snyder had one more chance to tie when she missed an open layup with 1:19 remaining
* Behrend had 15 points from the free throw line including seven in the final period
* The Behrend Lions had 17 offensive rebounds as a team
* Behrend scored 14 points off of 16 Penn State Altoona turnovers
* Alanna Dibble (Lakewood, NY/Southwestern) led the Lions with a double-double, scoring 19 and pulling in 10 rebounds
* Four Behrend players scored in double-digits including Ashley Seamon (West Allegheny, PA/West Allegheny) with 18, Haslett with 14, and Caitlin Carnuche (New Castle, PA/Mohawk) with 10
* Alexis Cannistraci paced Altoona with 19 points and 12 boards
* Behrend returns to action when they host Hilbert on Wednesday. Game time is set for 4 p.m.