ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's soccer team defeated Mt. Aloysius 3-2 in overtime on Wednesday in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Semifinal. The win will advance the Lions to the AMCC Championship game.
Final Score: No. 2 Penn State Behrend 3, No. 3 Mt. Aloysius 2
Records: No. 2 Penn State Behrend (10-6-2), No. 3 Mt. Aloysius (12-4-4)
* The Lions will advance to the AMCC Championship game with the 3-2 overtime win over Mt. Aloysius in the semifinal match
* Freshman Bella Sestito (Jefferson Hills, PA/Thomas Jefferson) had the game-winning goal over the Mounties in the 91st minute of play
* With 3:22 left in regulation, goalkeeper Madi Jones (Clearfield, PA/Clearfield) stopped a breakaway from Mt. Aloysius' Maddie Doyle to keep the game tied and force overtime
* Brenna McGuire (McDonald, PA/South Fayette) scored the first goal of the game to put the Lions ahead, assisted by Taylor Mealie (Baden, PA/Ambridge)
* The Mounties answered at the 33-minute mark with a header off a corner kick to tie up the game
* Emily Scaletta (Mars, PA/Mars) responded with her first goal of the season off a cross from McGuire
* In the 57th minute, Johnna Adams scored for Mt. Aloysius to again tie the game and force overtime
* Sestito's game-winning goal was her second game winner of the season
* Jones improved to a 10-2-2 record in goal and played her tenth complete game in net
* Behrend will advance to the AMCC Championship and play for their ninth straight title against No. 1 Pitt-Greensburg on Saturday
* The Lions will travel to Greensburg, PA to take on No.1 Pitt-Greensburg in the AMCC Championship game on Saturday with a time to be determined.