ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's tennis team shut out Mt. Aloysius 9-0 in Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) action while celebrating Senior Day on Saturday.
Score: Penn State Behrend 9, Mt. Aloysius 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (4-4, 2-1 AMCC), Mt. Aloysius (2-2, 1-2 AMCC)
* The Lions have won their third straight match and collected their second AMCC victory
* Seniors Erica Jasinski (Fairview, PA/Fairview) and Rachel Weber (Allison Park, PA/Hampton) won at doubles together and then won their singles matches
* Jasinski and Weber, playing in the top two spots, tallied a 8-0 victory at No. 1 doubles
* Jayna Baer (Pittsburgh, PA/Moon) and Rachel Fleming (Saint Marys, PA/Saint Marys) were 8-3 winners at No. 2 doubles, while the final doubles match was won by default for Behrend
* The Lions recorded six singles wins, including one by default
* Jasinski and Weber won in straight sets at No. 1 and No. 2 singles, respectively
* Keri Saulino (Bethlehem, PA/Freedom) did not give up a set point at No. 5 singles
* Fleming and Baer also won their singles matches
* Baer gave up three set points at No. 3, while Fleming only gave up two at the No. 4 spot
* The Lions return to action on Monday at Allegheny. Game time is 4:30 p.m.