WEXFORD, Pa. – The No. 2 Penn State Behrend women's tennis team fell to No. 1 Pitt-Greensburg 5-0 in the 2022 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Championship at the Oxford Athletic Club on Sunday.
Score: Pitt-Greensburg 5, Penn State Behrend 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (8-6), Pitt-Greensburg (9-0)
* This marks the third year the Bobcats and Lions squared off in the AMCC Championship
* Pitt-Greensburg defended its AMCC title from last season, remaining undefeated with a 9-0 record
* The Bobcats won all three doubles matches and only needed two win two singles to claim the conference crown
* Jaskinski and Weber had a close No. 1 doubles match, falling to Emily Ruhlman and Eden Richey, 8-5
* Pitt-Greensburg won the No. 2 and No. 5 singles matches to complete the win
* Richey was able to get past Weber in singles, 6-0, 6-0 in the No. 2 spot
* Amber Sterrett defeated Keri Saulino (Bethlehem, PA/Freedom) 6-0, 6-0 at No. 5 singles
* The Bobcats were winning the final matches that were unfinished
* The Lions will return to action in the spring with their non-traditional season.