FREDONIA, NY – The Fredonia women's volleyball team rallied back from 2-1 deficit to win the final two sets to defeat Penn State Behrend 3-2 in non-conference action on Wednesday night.
Final Score: Fredonia 3, Penn State Behrend 2 (25-21, 21-25, 22-25, 25-18, 15-13)
Records: Penn State Behrend (2-6), Fredonia (3-6)
* The Lions had a three-point lead in the fifth set at 11-8 and then had their final lead at 12-11
* The Blue Devils recorded a pair of aces and a kill in the final four points to get their third win of the season and hand Behrend its fifth straight loss
* The Lions fell behind in the first set but battled back to take a 2-1 lead in the match
* Sophomore defensive specialist Cara Zollars (Pittsburgh, PA/Upper St. Clair) registered a career-high 24 digs
* Kristin Reiland (Fairview, PA/Villa Maria Academy) led with 11 kills, eight digs and four aces
* Emily Archer (Butler, PA/Butler) also added 11 kills, while Alex Parra (Pittsburgh, PA/Bishop Canevin) hit .538 with seven kills on 13 attempts
* Behrend returns to action this weekend at the Well Tournament. The Lions will face Lebanon Valley on Friday night beginning at 8 p.m.