ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend men's basketball team defeated the Alfred State Pioneers on Wednesday to remain unbeaten in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC).
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 81, Alfred State 76
Records: Penn State Behrend 13-2 (8-0 AMCC), Alfred State 6-10 (2-6 AMCC)
* The Lions extended their winning streak to 10 games, their longest since the 2015-16 season
* Matt Niland (Erie, PA/Fairview) set a new career high in points in a single game, totaling 17 while hitting three triples
* PJ Gourley (Butler, PA/Knoch) tallied a team-high 19 points and pulled down 12 rebounds for his fifth double-double this season
* Tommy DiRienzo (Pittsburgh, PA/Bethel Park) had a team high and a career-high 14 boards
* Seth Myers (Erie, PA/General McLane) also set a career-high, ending the night in double-digits with 10 points
* Behrend led 44-35 at the half and improved to 9-1 when leading at the intermission
* The win against the Pioneers marked the 11th time that at least three Lions collected double-figure scoring totals
* Behrend will head to Mt. Aloysius on Saturday for their second conference matchup this season
* Game start is set for 4 p.m.