BUFFALO, NY. – The No. 2 seed Penn State Behrend men's soccer team defeated No. 1 seed Medaille 1-0 in the title game of the 2019 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference Tournament. With the win on Saturday afternoon, the Behrend Lions earned the AMCC's automatic bid the NCAA Division III Men's Soccer Tournament.
Final Score: Penn State Behrend 1, Medaille 0
Records: No. 20 Penn State Behrend (19-1-0), Medaille (13-5-2)
* Junior Richard Blanchard (Erie, PA/Cathedral Prep) scored off a penalty kick in the 75th minute of play to secure the AMCC Championship title
* Blanchard recorded his fifth game-winning goal of the season
* The Lions claimed their 10th overall AMCC Championship with the win over Medaille
* This is Behrend's second straight title, both over the Mavericks
* The 1-0 victory was the same score as the regular-season matchup but the tides were turned this time in Behrend's favor
* Matt Warnaka (Beaver Falls, PA/Blackhawk) had a complete game in goal registering eight total saves
* Blanchard, Warnaka, and Andrew Mastovich (Murrysville, PA/Franklin Regional) were named to the AMCC All-Tournament team
* Behrend improved to 19-1-0 on the season and will advance to the NCAA Division III Men's Soccer Tournament
* The Lions will compete in the first round of the NCAA tournament with a date and opponent to be announced on Monday.