ERIE, Pa. – The No. 2 Penn State Behrend women's tennis team will face No. 3 Medaille in the 2021 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Tournament Semifinals on Saturday at approximately 6 p.m. The match will follow the first semifinals featuring No. 1 Pitt-Greensburg and No. 4 Penn State Altoona at 2:30 p.m.
Penn State Behrend News & Notes:
* The Lions are the reigning AMCC Champions from 2020
* Behrend defeated Pitt-Greensburg 5-4 for its 14th title in program history
* The Lions enter the championship as the No. 2 seed for the second straight year
* Behrend after posting a 5-1 conference record and going 7-2 overall
* The Lions only loss was to the No. 1 seed Pitt-Greensburg (7-2)
* The Lions beat Medaille 6-3 in the final regular-season match last Friday
* The winner of the semifinals will advance to the championship match slated for Sunday, October 17 at 1:30 p.m.
* The champion will earn the conference's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament
Medaille News & Notes:
* The Medaille Mavericks are the No. 3 seed with a 4-2 AMCC record
* The Mavericks have their sights on winning the first AMCC Championship
* Last time out, Medaille fell to Behrend in its final regular-season match on October 8
* Emily Jablonski leads the Mavericks with a 5-1 AMCC record at No. 5 singles