Posted: Oct 16, 2021
WEXFORD, Pa. – The No. 2 Penn State Behrend women's tennis team defeated No. 3 Medaille 5-1 in the semifinals of the 2021 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Tournament the Oxford Athletic Club on Saturday.
Score: Penn State Behrend 5, Medaille 1
Records: Penn State Behrend (8-2), Medaille (6-5)
* Behrend defeated the Mavericks for the second time this season
* The Lions won in an abbreviated match
* Senior Marissa Bowles (Springfield, NJ/Columbia) and Audra Carnes (Fairview, PA/Fairview) were double winners on the day
* Bowles and Jada Donatien (Brooklyn, NY/Millburn) helped Behrend take a 2-1 lead after an 8-5 win at No. 2 doubles
* Sara Howard (Conneaut, OH/Edgewood) and Rachel Weber (Allison Park, PA/Hampton) earned the second doubles points at 8-4 in the third spot
* Bowles also won 6-1, 6-0 at No. 2 singles, follwed by Erica Jasinski (Fairview, PA/Fairview) posted a 6-1, 6-0 decision at No. 1 singles
* Carnes finished the match with a 6-3, 6-0 victory to help Behrend advance to the AMCC title match
* The Lions return to action tomorrow against No. 1 Pitt-Greensburg at the Oxford Athletic Club in Wexford, Pa. Match begins at 1:30 p.m.