WEXFORD, Pa. – The No. 2 Penn State Behrend women's tennis team defeated No. 3 Penn State Altoona 5-1 in the semifinals of the 2022 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) Tournament the Oxford Athletic Club on Saturday.
Score: Penn State Behrend 5, Altoona 1
Records: Penn State Behrend (8-5), Altoona (4-8)
* Behrend defeated the Penn State Altoona Lions for the second time this season
* The Lions won in an abbreviated match
* Jayna Baer (Pittsburgh, PA/Moon) and Rachel Fleming (Saint Marys, PA/Saint Marys) were double winners on the day
* Baer and Fleming helped Behrend take a 2-1 lead after an 8-1 win at No. 2 doubles
* Erica Jasinski (Fairview, PA/Fairview) and Rachel Weber (Allison Park, PA/Hampton) earned the second doubles points at 8-5 in the top spot
* Baer also won 6-1, 6-0 at No. 3 singles, followed by Fleming who posted a 6-2, 6-0 decision at No. 4 singles
* Keri Saulino (Bethlehem, PA/Freedom) finished the match with a 6-1, 6-0 victory at No. 5 singles to help Behrend advance to the AMCC title match
* No. 1 and No. 2 singles were unfinished
* The Lions return to action tomorrow against No. 1 Pitt-Greensburg at the Oxford Athletic Club in Wexford, Pa. Match begins at 3:30 p.m.