ERIE, Pa. – The Penn State Behrend women's soccer team took down D'Youville 2-1 in double overtime of Tuesday evening in an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) matchup.
Final Score: Behrend 2, D'Youville 1
Records: Behrend (2-5-2, 1-0-1 AMCC), D'Youville (5-3, 2-1 AMCC)
* Brenna McGuire (McDonald, PA/South Fayette) scored two crucial goals for the Lions; one to take the game to overtime and another to win it
* The Lions were down 1-0 to a defensive minded D'Youville after Jordan Pachla scored in the 67th minute
* With less than seven minutes remaining in the game, McGuire connected on a corner kick from Taylor Mealie (Baden, PA/Ambridge) with a header in the box to tie the game
* Behrend was unable to score in the first overtime but McGuire and Mealie struck again in the second overtime period
* Mealie had a free kick outside the box in the 103rd minute that fell to McGuire's feet
* McGuire was able to finish with the back off her foot to secure the win against the Spartans
* The Lions outshot D'Youville 38-3 throughout the game including eight shots in the overtime period
* Madi Jones (Clearfield, PA/Clearfield) secured a win in goal for Behrend and registered two saves
* Spartan goalie Laurie Poeller tallied 20 saves
* Behrend will travel to Franciscan Saturday for an AMCC contest beginning at 3:30 p.m.