BUFFALO, NY – The Penn State Behrend baseball team swept D'Youville in an Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) doubleheader on Wednesday.
Game One (Seven Innings)
Scores: Penn State Behrend 12, D'Youville 0
Records: Penn State Behrend (20-10, 9-4 AMCC), D'Youville (2-24, 2-13 AMCC)
* The Lions got their fourth shut-out victory in conference play in game one
* Behrend scored 12 runs on 16 hits
* The Lions jumped out to a 4-0 start after the first inning
* In the six-run fifth inning, Josh Wagner (South Park, PA/South Park) hit a double to left center to score three runs and make it 10-0
* Mason McGuire (Pittsburgh, PA/Upper St. Clair) went 3-for-4 with a double and three RBIs
* Thomas Zbezinski (Gibsonia, PA/Pine Richland), the AMCC Pitcher of the Week, started the game and went three innings, fanning three before relief
* Phil Myers (DuBois, PA/DuBois Central Catholic) and Noah Schneider (DuBois, PA/DuBois) each went two innings to finish the game, also striking out three apiece
Game Two (Nine Innings)
Scores: Penn State Behrend 22, D'Youville 8
Records: Penn State Behrend (21-10, 10-4 AMCC), D'Youville (2-25, 2-14 AMCC)
* Behrend generated its largest offensive output this season with 22 runs on 19 hits
* The Lions produce six doubles and two triples in the win
* Behrend had two monster innings, scoring seven in the second and eight in the fifth frame
* Wagner tallied a pair of doubles to bring his total to three for the day
* Scott Sada (Saegertown, PA/Saegertown) went 4-for-7 with three runs and three RBIs along with another double to bring him nine closer to the NCAA Division I record for doubles
* Erik Mikulan (Pittsburgh, PA/Hampton) started the game and struck out seven in four innings
* Schneider made his second appearance on the day, finishing the last four innings and allowing just four hits
* Scott Sada became the second player in program history to reach 250 hits and 150 RBIs for his career with the four hits in game two.
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Thursday against La Roche for an AMCC doubleheader at home, beginning at 2 p.m.