ERIE, Pa. – The Allegheny men's basketball team had four players in double figures to defeat Penn State Behrend 78-71 in non-conference action on Wednesday night in the Junker Center.
Score: Allegheny 78, Penn State Behrend 71
Records: Allegheny (4-0), Penn State Behrend (1-1)
* The Gators snap a 10-game losing streak against the Lions to post their first win since 2006
* Allegheny went 12-for-15 from the charity stripe and drained 10 triples to make the difference
* On the boards, the Gators held the advantage 41-28
* Sophomore Devin Pope (Ripley, NY/Chautauqua Lake) led the Lions for a second straight game with 19 points
* Pope added seven rebounds, four assists and four steals
* Seniors Derrick Clark (Erie, PA/Central Tech), sophomore PJ Gourley (Butler, PA/Knoch) and Jacob Zeis (Buffalo, NY/Canisius) tallied double-digit points
* Gourley had a career-high 15 points, going 3-for-6 from behind the arc for his first collegiate three pointers
* Dorian Connors (Girard, PA/Girard) had a game and career-high nine rebounds to go with a career-best six steals
* Behrend grabbed its first lead with 5:34 left in the first half on a dunk from Connors to make it 25-24
* Allegheny took a three-point lead into the locker rooms and never trailed again
* Gourley's triples kept the Lions in the game in the second half, getting Behrend within two at 47-45 with 14:48 on the clock
* Caden Hinckley led all scorers with 22 points
* The Behrend Lions return to action on Saturday against Alfred State in the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC) opener. Game time is 2 p.m.